Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Trying to find balance

I am known for always taking on too much, and being constantly BUSY. After that incredible weekend in Conneticut, I picked a few things to start working on right away (one of which was this blog). A few more things I am implementing:
  • Divide my time into manageable chunks. I tend to overwhelm myself with too many projects, and generally getting nothing done but always being busy. So, taking one of Ryan Lee's awesome tips, I'm divvying up my day into 50-minute slots, with 10-minute breaks to do computer stuff, e-mail, etc.
  • A simple truth from Dax Moy: Get things done. Not stay busy. Not start projects. Not "do things". But getting things done.
So what I have to do today, stated in the public domain, is get the following done:
  1. Laundry
  2. Fire study
  3. Train (fire)
  4. Practice (hula)
  5. Clean my condo
  6. Meet my AFR classmates for a group study session
This blog is short, because I'm over my time limit. Time to go get things done!

No comments: