Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And so it begins...

What a weekend! I've just returned from the Ryan Lee Bootcamp III in Stamford, CT, with a side trip to NYC. Talk about inspiration! Motivation! Innovation, communication, and socialization. It was an unforgettable event. The one thing I had to do first was set up a blog, so here it is. I'm no computer whiz, so it took me longer than I thought it would, but voila! My foray into the world of blogging begins.

This Bootcamp was my third of three bootcamps. The first, in 2005, I went to as a wide-eyed attendee and neophyte trainer. Dazzled by the speakers and trainers I saw onstage and met in person, I was inspired emboldened to approach Ryan at the end of the event, thank him for putting on such an awesome weekend, hand him my media kit, and state, "See you next year... onstage!"

What was I thinking? Who did I just challenge to put me onstage? How big were MY cojones!!!?? Well throughout the year, I found my niche, a passion for training, and when the Ryan Lee Bootcamp II came 'round, well, yours truly was onstage, sharing the spotlight with the best of the bootcampers, and wondering if it was for real. Really!

2008, and RLB III is now a memory, but I am still truly humbled and grateful for my experience onstage and off. This year I was able to rip up the stage with Steve Cotter, Zach Evan-Esh, Dave Schmitz, and Dave Whitley in the Battle of the Bootcamps; I also participated in Speed Coaching, as well as the expert panel on Bootcamps. I reunited with old friends, met many new ones, and found my focus from the many motivating and inspiring figures I met.

I'm tempted to write more, but I am vowing to get on and keep a schedule, so I will hit the sack and see you back on the blog tommorow!

Trish

No comments: