Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Why do people look at me funny when I train in the gym....?

I tend to go to the gym during the off-peak hours, when there aren't a lot of members around or classes in session. Although I rarely use the weight equipment, I sometimes use a few things like the squat rack, barbells, or cable station. But I do like an empty studio, either to practice hula or to lay out some nutbar circuit. I also use the hallway so I don't, uh, damage the studio floors with my KBs, tractor tire, sandbag slams, etc. Today was no exception - here's what I set up:

Tire station: Flips, pulls; drags
Medium Sandbag 65lbs): Shoulder cleans; Zercher Squats
Light Sandbag (37 lbs): Burpee snatches
Vertical Hose Pull (using squat rack): various rope handling techniques
6', 3" Sloshpipe: Ladder cleans & O/H walks; forward walking lunges; walking presses

Basically, I just did SOMETHING at each station. I didn't have a set routine, just a general idea of what I wanted to do as I moved through each station, but I kept the flow. I certainly did get a lot of strange looks, but as we say, f**k 'em! Yeah, I know my stuff is more fun than curls. My workout was short, intense, and functional, not to mention entertaining!

Questions? Comments? Hit me up!

trish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zercher Squats ?! Burpee Snatches ?! That sounds like an order in a cocktail bar to me. :) Have no idea how that looks like if you exercise it in a gym, but there is at least a chance that it was ....the look of it? But to be true, most people in the gym go by standard exercise only....which is very likely all they know.....therefore have a least a "surprised" impression in their face once somebody comes up with an uncommon move. Especially if that person uses the hallway.....which is even more uncommon. Men, to complete this, "sometimes" look at good looking woman....but of course that look needs to look somewhat related to anything else than the woman herself....so, then the look looks strange. We can discuss, if that really makes it better. :) And did you just say "f**k 'em" ?? Doesn't that make 2 CAD for your own coarse-word box?? Ya know, I'm not saying......I'm just saying.

cheers
Mike

Chris said...

I think guys just can't believe a woman can do all of these! And you proof them wrong Trish!

Keep up the good work, you'll get there eventually!